Eterna is developing engineered cellular medicines for the treatment of patients with
cancer, blood disorders, and monogenic diseases. Eterna Therapeutics is
seeking a skilled, hands-on Lab Manager who will play a key role in leading the laboratory
organization and perform more complex functions and activities involved in defined
Successful candidates will have a strong background in lab management support such as
ordering supplies and equipment, maintaining lab records, implementing lab-safety
procedures, and adhering to safety regulations. The candidate must be enthusiastic about
working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment and have a desire to create
novel therapies for patients. This position will be based in Cambridge, MA.
- Oversee supply and equipment budget under supervision of Principal Scientist
or lab Director.
- Manage the acquisition of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Collaborate with Health and Safety Ocer and lab Director to establish
laboratory safety and operational policies.
- Ensure that the laboratory complies with regulations and all required training.
- Serve as a technical resource for other research sta.
- Oversee the daily activities of the laboratory including lab maintenance;
maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide
general lab support as needed.
- Respond flexibly to changing priorities and deliver accurate results in a timely
- Eectively communicate and report/present data at internal meetings.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field with technical laboratory
experience and four years of relevant work experience in the industry.
- Prior administrative experience for coordinating program activities with
responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
- Self-driven, curious, and detail-oriented manager with a strong
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and data
quality, and experience working on diverse collaborative teams.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer
programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment with biological and chemical
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Eterna Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.